The content below is taken from the original (OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter (July 17 – 24)), to continue reading please visit the site. Remember to respect the Author & Copyright.
OpenStack and cloud native applications: two peas in a data center pod
OpenStack has shown the world that innovation with open technology can happen. Fast. In fact, it can happen at a pace never before seen in the history of the IT industry.
Interoperability: DefCore, Refstack and You
The OpenStack Foundation has created a set of requirements to ensure that the various products and services bearing the OpenStack marks achieve a high level of interoperability. This post from IBM OpenTech Team gives an overview of the whole machinery, how to test clouds and upload results to RefStack website.
IMPORTANT + TIME SENSITIVE:
- Vote now for OpenStack Tokyo Summit presentations
- The deadline for voting is 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time Zone July 30, 2015.
The Road to Tokyo
- Registration is open
- Tips for getting a travel grant to the next OpenStack Summit
- Need a visa for the Tokyo Summit? Here’s what you need to know
- Interested in being a Tokyo Summit Sponsor?
Reports from Previous Events
- Catalog roadmap and next steps
- Streamlining of config options in nova
- OpenStack Operators Midcycle – agenda brainstorming
Deadlines and Contributors Notifications
- Full list of mid-cycle sprints (meetups)
- Product WG Liberty Meetup: August 20-21-12, 2015 @Cisco, San Jose, CA
- OpenStack Ops Mid-Cycle Meetup August 18, 2015, Palo Alto, CA
Security Advisories and Notices
- None this week
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Loïc Dachary: Ceph integration tests made simple with OpenStack
- By Sylvain Afchain: A journey of a packet within OpenContrail
- By Matt Fischer: Keystone Token Revocations Cripple Validation Performance
- By Spencer Smith: Creating A RancherOS Image for OpenStack
- By Repose Ninja – Hello World
- By Sahdev Zala: How to move StackForge project to an existing OpenStack Program
- By Ramon Acedo: Multiple Private Networks with Open vSwitch GRE Tunnels and Libvirt
- By Operating Your OpenStack Cloud using Ansible
- By Doug Hellmann: Keyword Bookmarks for OpenStack Developers
- Jul 28, 2015 OpenStack 5th Birthday – Austin Austin, Texas, US
- Jul 30 – 31, 2015 DCD INTERNET San Francisco, CA, US
Alan Clark, chairman of the board of the OpenStack Foundation, is speaking at the inauguration of StackingIT as part of DCD Internet. Free VIP passes are available to the first 150 people who send their details via email to [email protected] quoting ‘OpenStack’ and providing their full name, job title, company name, address, phone and email.
- Jul 31 2015 OpenStack Mini Conference Pycon, Brisbane, AU
- Aug 07 – 08, 2015 OpenStack Day India 2015 Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
- Aug 10 – 13, 2015 Gartner Catalyst Conference San Diego, CA, US
- Aug 11, 2015 OpenStack Day Taiwan 2015 Taipei, TW
- Aug 13 – 14, 2015 OpenStack Collective Austin, TX, US
- Aug 19 – 21, 2015 China Liberty Hackathon Xian, Shanxi, CN
- Aug 20, 2015 OpenStack Day Seattle 2015 Seattle, WA, US
- Aug 25, 2015 OpenStack Trove Day 2015 San Jose, CA, US
- Aug 26 – 27, 2015 OpenStack Silicon Valley Mountain View, California, US
- Aug 27, 2015 OpenStack Nova Deep Dive Meetup Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, RO
- Sep 19, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Bussum, NL
- Sep 21 – 24, 2015 Storage Developer Conference Santa Clara, CA, CA, US
- Oct 04 – 08, 2015 Gartner SymposiumITxpo Orlando, FL, US
- Nov 05, 2015 #CloudBeerStockholm Stockholm, SE
- Nov 15 – 20, 2015 Supercomputing 15 Austin, TX, US
- Celebrating Kubernetes 1.0 and the future of container management on OpenStack
- OpenStack at 5: The year in review
- Kubernetes community lands 1.0 release
- Brace yourself: Google joins OpenStack
- Hybrid vs. Public – Google Joins OpenStack
- The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis.