Are you ready to show off your OpenStack skills? The COA high score contest has begun! July 18th through September 11th, COA exam takers with the highest score each week will win a Chromebook from the OpenStack Foundation.
Entry is easy:
- Go to openstack.org/coa and read the exam materials
- Register and schedule your exam!
Winners will be notified via email. See the full contest rules below. Good luck!
Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam Contest
The Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam Contest (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible individuals (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to take the Certified OpenStack Administrator Exam (the “Exam”). OpenStack will choose the winner, and the prize will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these “Rules”).
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prize described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and OpenStack with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must be 18 years of age or older and eligible to take the Exam as set forth in the Exam Handbook (available for download on the Exam Website. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, and officers of OpenStack and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such individuals are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by OpenStack Foundation (“OpenStack” or “Sponsor”), a Delaware non-stock, non-profit corporation with principal place of business at 1214 West 6th Street, Suite 205 Texas, Austin, TX 78703, USA.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on July 18, 2016 when posted to The OpenStack Blog (http://bit.ly/29P5PKx) and ends on September 11, 2016 11:59 Central Time (CT) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, visit the Exam website located at http://bit.ly/29P5MOU (“Exam Website”) during the Contest Period, click “Get Started,” and follow the prompts to purchase and take the Exam. You will be automatically entered into the Contest by completing the Exam during the Contest Period. If you start but do not complete the Exam during the Contest Period, you will not be entered into the Contest. Additional entry information is available on The OpenStack Blog. If you wish to opt out of the Contest, please email us at [email protected]. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified.
- TAKING THE EXAM: To enter the Contest, you must complete the Exam. You understand that in addition to these Rules, you must comply with all terms, conditions, rules, and requirements set by OpenStack and the Exam administrators for the Exam. Information regarding the Exam is available on the Exam Website and in the Exam Handbook.
- SCORING: Exams will be scored in accordance with the Exam Handbook, available for download on the Exam Website. The winner will be the individual that achieves the highest score on the Exam. In the event of a tie, the individual who completed the Exam in the shortest amount of time will be the winner. For the purposes of the tie-breaker, Exam time will be measured from initial commencement of the Exam to final submission. Time from purchase of Exam to commencement of Exam will not be considered.
- PRIZE: One winner will be selected. The winner will receive a Toshiba Chromebook 2 – 2015 Edition (CB35-C3350) with an approximate retail value of $350 US Dollars.
- TAXES: AWARD OF PRIZE TO POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO OPENSTACK ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY OPENSTACK TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. In order to receive a prize, potential winner must submit tax documentation requested by OpenStack or otherwise required by applicable law, to OpenStack or a representative for OpenStack or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner is responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If the potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and OpenStack may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. OpenStack reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in OpenStack’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or Exam by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, or OpenStack. OpenStack retains all rights in the OpenStack products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any OpenStack intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by OpenStack at OpenStack’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by OpenStack. OpenStack will contact Entrants in advance of any OpenStack-sponsored media request.
- WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that they will take the Exam in compliance with all terms, conditions, rules, and requirements set forth on the Exam Website and in the Exam Handbook. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest or Exam; (ii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iii) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (iv) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (v) any malfunction or other problem with The OpenStack Blog or Exam Website in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest or completion of the Exam by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest or completion of the Exam by Entrant; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest or completion of the Exam by Entrant.
- ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, email address, or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
- INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: OpenStack is not responsible for any malfunction of The OpenStack Blog or Exam Website or any late, incomplete, or mis-graded Exams due to system errors, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any network, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at The OpenStack Blog or Exam Website, or any combination thereof. OpenStack is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the Rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, OpenStack reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. OpenStack further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the Exam process or any other part of the Contest, Exam, The OpenStack Blog, or Exam Website. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the The OpenStack Blog or Exam Website, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or Exam is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, OpenStack reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Exclusive venue for all disputes arising out of the Rules shall be brought in the state or federal courts of Travis County, Texas, USA and you agree not to bring an action in any other venue. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
- WINNER’S LIST: The winner will be announced on The OpenStack Blog. You may also request a list of winners after December 1, 2016 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attn: Contest Administrator
P.O. Box 1903
Austin, Texas 78767
(Residents of Vermont need not supply postage).